Nick Trofort was a part of 4 winning efforts, anchoring both the 4x100 and 4x400 meter relays and winning the 100 and 200 meters, the later in a personal best 22.41. Brant Baugher has been looking for a breakthrough all season and got a big one on senior night, cracking 40 feet in the shot put for the first time finishing with a mark of 40 feet, 3 inches. Preston Nguyen ran the lead leg of this 4x400 meter relay team splitting a respectable 56. He also hit 2:19 in the 800 in training shoes after nearly missing his race!
Nayan Gupta had a solid showing in shot put with a heave of 33-11. He also finished with a best 77-8 in the discus 77-8. Liz He was just off her personal best in the discus throwing 84-10. Kyle Pinn hit a personal best in the 200 meters by almost a second finishing in 29.11. In her first year of Track & Field Pinn has brought an competitive intensity that should be mirrored by all.
Links: Results | Pics
Additional Team Highlights:
- Jack Adamson won the 800 meters in a personal best 2:06.
- Alexis McMahon continues to show steady improvement in the hurdles. The WCAL leader in the 100 hurdles hit a personal best in the 300 meters breaking 50 second for the first time. Her time of 49.82 ranks #4 all-time in team history.
- The girls 4x100 meter relay is still looking for consistent "clean" handoffs but managed to get the stick around the track in a season best 50.25. The team of Hildago, Dexheimer, Nanez & Barry move to #9 all-time in team history.
- Hildago hit a big personal best in the 200 meters winning the event in 27.31.
- Kayla Nanez got the win in the 400 meters running 62.28. Nanez dropped some major time off her 400, cutting nearly 2 seconds off her previous season best.
- Christine Albrecht ran in her second meet of the season running 12:29 in the 3200 meters. Admittedly still getting in shape it was the first time running the distance after just coming out for track last spring.