Elena Bruckner extended her national leading shot put mark by more than a foot. Her winning throw of 53-5 is just 1/2 inch off her personal best from last season at the CCS Championship. She also won the discus with a throw of 169-4.
In a span of four days Bruckner threw the top mark in the nation: Wednesday at Saint Francis she threw 181-1 in the discus.
Links: Results / Pics
- It was a great day for Athiya Iese and Anna Maumalanga who finished on the podium in both the shot put and discus. Iese finished runner up in the shot put (39-5.5) and 4th in the discus (111-1); Maumalanga finished 5th in both the shot put (34-1) and discus (100-3).
- Dylan McCreery finished second in the varsity boys shot put with a personal best 46-11.5. He moves to #6 all-time in school history.
- Max Moore finished second in the varsity boys discus with a mark of 146-0.
- Jonathan Sum surpassed the 19 foot mark in the long jump hitting a personal best 19-0.5.
- The varsity girls 4 x 100 meter relay team of Aamani Ponnekanti, Caitlyn Rowland, Sydney Clarke and Jessy Fang finished in a season best of 53.30.
- Joe Renati won the boys Frosh-Soph 1600 meters in a personal best 4:46.04.
- Girls had four break the 6 min mark in the 1600 meters: Sophia Patterson (5:53), Mackenzie Thomas (5:56), Hannah Theaker (5:56) and Maggie Theaker (5:59).
- Sisters Vanessa Zenere (2:31) and Alexis Zenere (2:41) led the Lady Warriors in the 800 meters, both his personal bests on the day. Mackenzie Thomas doubled back to finish in 2:44, Hannah Theaker in 2:48.