Mountain View, CA - It was an exciting day for the Warrior Track & Field program that saw multiple school records fall, a meet record and numerous personal bests. The Lady Warriors finished third in the team scoring out of over 40 teams competing.
The varsity and frosh-soph 800 sprint Medley teams ran near identical times with the edge going to varsity that finished in 2:00.34 to the frosh-soph team's 2:00.93. Varsity got the better split of the two and the school record. The frosh-soph girls finished third in their division.
The team of Nicole Shak, Caitlyn Rowland, Gary Coleman and Skyler Greg set the Co-Ed 4 x 200 meter relay set a school record, bettering last years record by over 3 seconds!
Links: Results / Pics
- Ronika Stone in just her second time competing in the high jump cleared 5-0, which currently is #2 all-time for the Warriors and the top mark in the WCAL.
- Mathew Weeks was a top finisher in the triple jump with a 39-2 showing. Showing his range in multiple events he also ran an impressive 2:21 leg on the frosh-soph Distance Medley Relay.
- Nicole Shak was a top finsher in the frosh-soph 100 meter hurdles finishing fourth in 18.32
- Ashley Lara had a solid run in her first mile of the season finishing eighth in 5:27. Her mark puts her #10 all-time.
- Ronna Stone and Elena Bruckner go 1-2 (again) in both the shot put and discus. Bruckner set the meet record in shot put.
- Fresman thrower Athiya Iese finished fourth in her first meet with a toss of 27-8; Anna Maumalanga got a personal best 24-0.