Matt Weeks jumped a school record six feet, 2 inches in the high jump, winning the event. The six-foot barrier has been elusive for the senior, jumping 5-8 as a freshman and 5-10 the past two seasons. With that mark he breaks the six foot barrier for the first time and ties the school record with Ronnie Harris and Jack Hoyt.
It was an outstanding day for Weeks also won the long jump (19-11) and triple jump (41-7.5). He also finished second in the 300 hurdles (41.83) to earn 18 points on the day. A steady contributor for the Warriors for the past four years in a range of events, Weeks is on the Valley Christian all-time list for four different events, has been a key contributor on various relays and now gets his second school record.
D'Angelo McKenzie continues to lower his own school record in the 110 High Hurdles, today running 15.01. He too had an outstanding day, anchoring the winning 4 x 100 meter relay (43.13) and winning the 300 hurdles in 41.38, just 0.17 shy of the school record.
Links: Results / Pics
- The sprints continue to shine as Charlie Bostic finished his 100 meters in 11.12 and 200 in 22.55, both marks are within a tenth of a second from his personal best last season. Nick Trofort finished the 100 meters in 11.38 and got a personal best in the 200 running 22.78.
- Defendng WCAL Champions Dylan McCreery and Max Moore picked up where they left off last season. McCreery won the shot put (48-0) and Max Moore the discus (133-3).
- Sam Cuevas moves to #5 all-time for the Warriors running the 1600 meters in 4:38. He came back later to run a season best in the 800 meters.
- Frosh-Soph boys were stellar winning the 4 x 100 meter relay and finishing 1-2 in both the 100 and 200 meters.
- Freshman Deven Vanderbilt got called up to varsity to run on the 4 x 100 relay. He held his own at the varsity level finishing fifth in both the 100 and 200 meters.
- Anna Maumalanga was a double winner taking first in both the shot put (31-4) and discus (108-3.5)
- Freshman Amber Lao and Emily Hildago were outstanding in the varsity girls 100 meters finishing second and third, respectably, both in personal best times!
- Caitlyn Rowland won the 300 hurdles in a season best 49.50.