The 100 meters was once again a barnburner. Charlie Bostic won the race with a stellar 10.75 and moves to #5 all-time in school history. Nick Trofort ran a personal best 10.92, he is now tied with Ryan Severson at #7 all-time. Javon Sturns ran a personal best 11.28.
D'Angelo McKenzie came out on top in a photo finish in the boys 110 hurdles. Blake Rose from Mitty & McKenzie are two of the top ranked hurdlers in the section who last year tied at the WCAL Championship. McKenzie got the lean running 15.05 to Rose's 15.08 proving some great races are ahead heading into WCAL and CCS.
In the end it was a great day for the seniors winning multiple events and earning personal bests. Jonathan Sum hit two personal bests (110 & 300 hurdles), Anna Maumalanga won the girls discus in a personal best 128-9, Max Moore continued his undefeated WCAL dual meet season winning the boys discus in 148-1 and Camille Johnson won the girls shot put. Caitlyn Rowlan won the 300 hurdles and was on the winning 4 x 400 team with fellow senior Vanessa Zenere.
Links: Results / Pics
Additional Team Highlights:
- Nick Trofort won the 200 meters in a personal best 22.51.
- Coleman Kyles has come on strong in the later portion of the season winning the the frosh-soph 100 and 200 meters yesterday. The 200 meters was in a personal best 23.74.
- Frosh-Soph boys 4x100 meter relay team continues to inch closer to the record. David Shao, D'Von Lang, Zac Laidlaw and Coleman Kyles ran a season best 44.69, just off the frosh-soph school record of 44.56 set in 2009.
- Freshman Seth Hoque cracked 40 feet in the triple jump winning with a mark of 40-11.
- Fallon Dexheimer won the varsity girls long jump and moves to #9 all-time for the Warriors.
- Jordan Hahn had two personal bests on the day. First in the 1600 (5:40) and later winning the 3200 in 12:34.