|Eyobed Mesfun and Alex Ascencio in the 1600 meters|
Full Results: CLICK HERE
To download race photos: CLICK HERE
- Julian Tuyor ran a personal best and qualified for the Top 8 Final winning his heat in 11.56 finishing 2nd over-all.
- Despite the heat Jessica Xu competed strong in the 1600 meters finishing in 5:47, just off of her personal best. She came back later that evening and ran an amazing 3200 meter race finishing 6th in 12:44, improving over 20 seconds. Starting out the first mile in the top 10 she paced the first mile in 6:24. She moved up position lap after lap to negative split with a 6:19 second mile! Her time currently places her #8 all-time for the Warriors!
- Jessica wasn't the only one to smash her personal best in the 3200 meters. Karen Mac pushed the pace crushing her personal best by nearly 30 second running 13:27!
- Shannon Luu had the tough task of running the 800 meters and trying to triple jump with the same scheduled time. She got it done running a personal best in the 800 running 2:48 and then after three scratches she narrowly missed a personal best on her last jump with a mark of 28-8.
- The heat is tough on the distance races, especially when it is 90 degrees following months of cold and rain. Eyobed Mesfun (5:05) and Alex Ascencio (5:23) pushed through coming just seconds within their personal best.
Post a Comment