The Girls team has been improving every meet providing the Warriors with perhaps its greatest depth in years. Eight girls have broken 14 seconds for 100 meters this season, six have gone sub 6 in the mile and 4 girls over 15 feet in the long jump. The throws are consistently top scorers and with three girls triple jumping over 30 feet and top performances from a wide range of events, the team is putting together a competitive dual meet team, something that is difficult to do with a team of about 30, Varsity and JV combined.
On the boys side the meet started off in record breaking fashion as the Varsity Boys 4 x 100 meter team ran the fastest time in the section breaking the school record in the process. The previous record of 41.82, set in 2002 at the CCS Finals, was bettered by the team of Jarrod Lawson, Ryan Severson, Julian Tuyor and Byron Marshall with a time of 41.81!
The Warriors travel to Mitty Next Wednesday as they continue WCAL action.
- Ryan Severson moved into #8 all-time in the 100 meters winning his race in 11.07.
- Sophomore Samuel Acomb won the Frosh-Soph discus with a throw of 101-7, #8 all-time.
- Robiana Johnson is in just her second week of track and is making her mark in the record books. Already in the top 10 in the high jump and long jump her winning mark in the Triple Jump of 32-10 is #3 all-time and one of the best debuts ever in school history.
- The Varsity Girls 4 x 100 winning time of 49.75 is #6 all-time.
- Morgan Lira was a double winner finishing in season best times in the 1600 and 3200 meters. She led an impressive effort in the 1600 meters as six runners ran under 6 minutes for the mile.